Netflix is more watched than Cable TV nowadays. So, chances are, your children spend a lot o of time on it, watching cartoons, series and movies. Parents should appreciate this form of entertainment, but also should pay close attention on what type of content is consumed by children.
Fortunately, Netflix allows parents to limit what their children can watch according to the maturity rating of the video.
Important to mention that Netflix Parental Controls are very limited since there is no way to restrict screen time. And we know that excessive time in front of a screen can have bad consequences on children.
Anyway, we prepared a special step-by-step guide to teach parents how to setup parental controls for Netflix that make sure your kid doesn’t watch inappropriate content at least.
Setting up Parental Controls for Netflix
- Access your Netflix Account Page from a web browser and Click Manage Profiles
- Select your Child’s Profile
- Check Kid option
- Add a Profile (if your child doesn’t have one already) and select Kid option
- Go back to You Account and click on Parental Controls
- You will need to enter your password again
- Set a 4-digit PIN and select the type of content you want to be locked under that PIN. Setting up a PIN is important in case your child changes her profile to yours to try to bypass her content limitations.
Subscribe to Saferize to be up-to-date with news about parenting.
Latest posts by Gustavo Guida (see all)
- Ethics and Game Design: Are They Like Oil And Water? - April 18, 2018
- IQ, Grit and Motivation Versus Technology - March 2, 2018
- How Publishers Should Deal With Critical Reviews From Upset Parents? - February 10, 2018
Every time I start a new company, people ask me why. So I decided to share with you my reasons to ...
What should companies and parents do to better deal with addictive games? In April, a 17-year...
TL;DR No, YouTube is not safe and responsible parents should pay attention on what children watch on...
Internet of Things (IoT) can pose risks to children. Parents should pay attention to what informatio...
Teen use of smartphones and social media skyrocketed simultaneously with rates of adolescent depress...